Shelby Hagenauer is a member of Nossaman’s Public Policy Practice Group with over 15 years of experience working in and with the federal government. Ms. Hagenauer is a Senior Policy Advisor who assists clients with a broad range of issues including financial services, healthcare, energy, and natural resources. Prior to joining Nossaman, Ms. Hagenauer spent 11 years serving on the staffs of current House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-CA-23) and former House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Bill Thomas.
Ms. Hagenauer advised Congressman McCarthy in his role as a member of the Financial Services Committee, including during consideration of the Dodd-Frank Act. Her role as Legislative Director for Congressman McCarthy also included serving him on a variety of issues including California water policy, defense, natural resources, space, science and technology, labor, and trade. She was the Congressman’s primary legislative and political advisor for all 2007 Farm Bill Reauthorization activities in Washington, D.C. and California.
During her time on Capitol Hill, Ms. Hagenauer built significant relationships with key Members of Congress, including members of the California delegation and House leadership.
- Represents local governments before Congress and the Administration, including identifying federal funding opportunities
- Lobbies on the federal legislative privacy debate, including data security and restrictions on the use of Social Security numbers.
- Advises national natural resources association on engaging Congress and federal agencies about a variety of issues, including the Endangered Species Act, Clean Water Act, and other permitting-related laws.
- Advises association on amendments to infrastructure legislation.
- Counsels west coast fishery associations on federal fisheries management policies.
- Represents pharmaceutical manufacturer and distribution clients on an array of Medicare reimbursement issues.